NATIONAL FAMILY SUPPORT NETWORKSUPPORTING FAMILY MEMBERS LIVING WITH SUBSTANCE MISUSE
What Is Family Support?
Family Support can be offered on a one-to-one basis or in a group setting. The model of family support that the Network advocates is peer family support. This is where a number of people with a common problem in our case living with drug use, come together to share their experiences.
The Benefits Of Family Support:
- It interrupts the negative dynamic of drug use within the family
- It helps family members look after their own needs
- It helps families help the drug user to make constructive choices
- It helps families to reinforce the work of the service agencies
- It enables families to be a resource to their own communities